Telehandler Training – RIIHAN309E – Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations
Telescopic Handler Association of Australia Incorporated “GOLD CARD”
WHAT IS A TELESCOPIC MATERIALS HANDLER?
A telescopic handler or telehandler is a mobile all terrain multi-purpose machine fitted with a variable height/reach telescopic boom and a lifting attachment. The most common attachments are forks, but telehandlers can be fitted with a variety of attachments for different types of loads.
Some other attachment types available are:
• Work Platforms
• Earth moving buckets
• Crane/Lifting jibs
Training and Assessments booked on demand.
1 day for training and assessment (10 Hours)
- Lots of practical experience
- Course booked on demand
Cost with CITB Funding: $260.00
Cost (No CITB Funding): $395.00
On successful completion you will be issued with:
- Statement of Attainment
- ‘Gold Card’ issued the Telescopic Handler Association of Australia Incorporated.
SUBJECT & LEARNING OUTCOMES
This course offers the information and skills you need to become an Telescopic Materials Handler (Telehandler) operator .
It provides basic training in the safe operation of Telehandlers. It covers the following skills and knowledge:
- Planning and preparing for operations.
- Conducting pre-operational checks.
- Operating the telehandler including Forks, Bucket and Jib.
- Attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials and loads.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments.
- Relocating the telescopic material handler from one site to another.
- Machine maintenance and cleaning.
- Introduction and Legislation
- WHS Regulations and Act
- Inspection of equipment
- Plan & prepare operations
- Inspect & prepare work area
- Equipment & attachments
- Pre start checks
- Operating techniques
- Response to hazards and emergency situations
- Operational maintenance
Training conditions are simulated to a mining/civil work environment in which:
- Steel capped safety footwear and suitable clothing are essential
- Sunscreen is advisable
- Hardhats and vests are provided
- Course manual, notepads, etc are provided
Assessment methods are of written, theory and practical observation. If you have any literacy problems please advise ACMT Operator Training Staff at the point of Application.
Contact Australian Civil and Mining Training
Phone: 08 8240 5523
OR fill out an enquiry form