TLILIC0003 – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
2 day Training and Assessment Course
(No Experience Required)
- Lots of practical experience
- Regular courses
- Maximum 6 people per course
Cost with CITB Funding :$420.00
Use voucher code CITBLF when enrolling to get discounted rate.
Cost (No CITB Funding):$450.00
(Experienced Operators – around 50 hours or previously held a licence)
- 1 day Course
- Must supply work history
- Regular courses
- Maximum 4 people per course
(No CITB funding available)
Must be 18 years of age to obtain a High Risk Work Licence.
The Participant must be able to read and understand English to an appropriate level. The Participant needs to be able to read and write well enough to complete a written assessment and understand a trainer in a group training environment.
What you will learn
This module will provide you with the basic skills, knowledge and information to safely operate a Forklift. Participants will be trained and assessed in the following:
- Driving and operating a Forklift safely.
- Application Legislation
- Operator responsibilities
- Design Feature/ engineering Principles
- Stability Characteristics
- Operator Inspections
- Operating Techniques
- Pick-up and stack loads
- Manoeuvre/ Position loads
- Negotiate hazards
- Working in confined spaces
What you get at the end
- Statement of Attainment
- Notice of Satisfactory Assessment (SafeWork SA)
- An invoice to be taken to Service SA Customer Service Centre or an Australia Post PhotoCapture outlet in South Australia within 60 days of the date of issue.
What you need to bring
- Photo ID
- Steel capped boots
What the course will cover
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulation
- Manufacturers’ specifications and instructions
- Risk assessment and hazards
- Forklift attachments
- Conduct routine checks and plan work
- Safe Operations
- Shift load
- Shut down equipment and secure site
What is involved
Assessment methods are:
- written theory
- practical observation
If you have any literacy problems please advise ACMT Operator Training Staff at the point of Application.
*You are not guaranteed to pass the course. If you are found not yet competent you will need to attend another course at full cost.
Contact us or fill out an enquiry form
8am - 5pm Monday-Friday
08 8240 5523
27 Veitch Road OSBORNE SA 5017
17 Nixon Road WINGFIELD SA 5013