Telescopic Materials Handler Training
RIIHAN309F – Conduct Telescopic Materials Handler Operations
What is a Telescopic Materials Handler?
A telescopic handler or telehandler is a mobile all terrain multi-purpose machine fitted with a variable height/reach telescopic boom and a lifting attachment. The most common attachments are forks, but telehandlers can be fitted with a variety of attachments for different types of loads.
Some other attachment types available are:
• Work Platforms
• Earth moving buckets
• Crane/Lifting jibs
1 day Training and Assessment Course
(This course is 10 hours long)
1 day for training and assessment (10 Hours)
- Lots of practical experience
- Course booked on demand
Cost with CITB Funding :$125.00
Use voucher code CITBTMH when enrolling to get discounted rate.
Cost (No CITB Funding):$410.00
VOC – Verification of Competency Assessment
- Flexible dates
- Onsite assessments
- Can be done in conjunction with a ticket/qualification, or
- Participants must hold a ticket/qualification
- More information
What you will learn
This course offers the information and skills you need to become an Telescopic Materials Handler (Telehandler) operator. It provides basic training in the safe operation of Telehandlers. It covers the following skills and knowledge:
- Planning and preparing for operations.
- Conducting pre-operational checks.
- Operating the telehandler including Forks, Bucket and Jib.
- Attaching, securing, lifting, carrying and placing materials and loads.
- Selecting, fitting and removing attachments.
- Relocating the telescopic material handler from one site to another.
- Machine maintenance and cleaning.
What you get at the end
On successful completion you will be issued with:
- Statement of Attainment
- ‘Gold Card’ issued the Telescopic Handler Association of Australia Incorporated.
What you need to bring
- Photo ID
- Steel capped boots
What the course will cover
- Introduction and Legislation
- WHS Regulations and Act
- Inspection of equipment
- Plan & prepare operations
- Inspect & prepare work area
- Equipment & attachments
- Pre start checks
- Operating techniques
- Response to hazards and emergency situations
- Operational maintenance
What is involved
Assessment methods are:
- written theory
- practical observation
If you have any literacy problems please advise ACMT Operator Training Staff at the point of Application.
One on One Training – Flexible Booking Dates – Quality Machines
Book on a date that suits you, get lots of experience and learn on some of the latest equipment!
Contact us or fill out an enquiry form
8am - 5pm Monday-Friday
08 8240 5523
27 Veitch Road OSBORNE SA 5017